5:25 a.m. (1)
5:25 a.m. (2)
2. I don't know precisely how, but I managed to begin a new short story yesterday – "Elegy for a Suicide" – for Sirenia Digest #90. I wrote 1,150 words yesterday, and already it isn't the story I thought it was going to be. That's the way this game is played, all you who think it's possible to begin at The End.
3. Please, please have a look at the current eBay auctions. Because ONE of the things I lay awake thinking about last night was the financial shortfall we're facing, gratis a largish check not arriving when expected. August shall be a lean month. And better yet, Kathryn has entirely new stock in her Dreaming Squid Dollworks and Sundries Etsy shop! Beasties that must be seen! And must come to live with you (actually, these are going fast; only three left).
4. No, I'm not moving back to the South. At least not anytime soon. Here I stay. I had a moment of weakness that I allowed to spill out onto the fucking internet, that's all. However, once the HPL bust is place in the Athenaeum, I'll never again be able to enter the library. I am deeply ashamed I didn't have the $500 to donate so that my name would be included on the plaque of "those who made this possible." No, I'm not joking.
5. We finished Season One of Orange is the New Black. Fucking superb.
6. You may now preorder Pink Delicious.
You've Got To Be Kidding,