About twenty minutes ago, I finished Blood Oranges. For those who like numbers, I did 2,831 words today. I aimed for a word count of 70,000 words, and the manuscript came in at 70,024. I conceived of the book in April, and began writing it on May 5th. To put it all down on paper, only 45 actual writing days were required.
Hurricane Irene, I believe, was my midwife.
Never, in my twenty years as a writer, have I finished two novels in one year (never mind having also edited two collections of my short fiction).
I get one day off before I begin again.
Now, I'm going to lie down. Or look at the windblown streets....