I did get my list done for Del Howison, Amy Wallace and Scott Bradley's The Horror Book of Lists (due out from HarperCollins in 2008). I chose "Thirteen of the Top Ten "Lovecraftian" Films Not Actually Based (or Only Loosely Based) on the Works of H.P. Lovecraft."Here's the list. You'll have to actually wait for the book to read my annotations for each film:
1. Alien (dir. Ridley Scott, 1979)
2. The Thing (dir. John Carpenter, 1982)
3. The Creature from the Black Lagoon (dir. Jack Arnold, 1954)
4. Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural (dir. Richard Blackburn, 1975)
5. Dark Waters (dir. Mariano Baino, 1994)
6. Ghostbusters (dir. Ivan Reitman, 1984)
7. Event Horizon (dir. Paul W.S. Anderson, 1997)
8. King Kong (dir. Merian C. Cooper and Ernest B. Schoedsack, 1933)
9. Solaris (dir. Steven Soderbergh, 2002)
10. Smilla's Sense of Snow (dir. Bille August, 1997)
11. Hellbound: Hellraiser II (dir. Tony Randel, 1988)
12. Hellboy (dir. Guillermo del Toro, 2004)
13. The Blob (dir. Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr., 1958)
I actually managed to write 631 words, because of the list, so I tried to pretend that was "work." But I'm a lousy liar when it comes to crap like that.
The last time I left the house was...when we had dinner with Byron Friday night. At any rate, Spooky says I have to go outside today. Blah, blah, blah.
Oh, good Torchwood last night. The episode took me completely by surprise. Nice chill in the ending — "They make me happy."