Meme the First: IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're drad...
"(From My Own True Love) Lost at Sea", The Decemberists (Picaresque)
"Come to Me," Bjork (Debut)
First Day at School
"Wuthering Heights" (new vocals), Kate Bush (The Whole Story)
Falling in Love
"The Olde Headboard," Rasputina (How We Quit the Forest)
"The Sick Bed of Cuchulain," The Pogues (Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash)
"Getting Smaller," NIN (With Teeth)
"Summer's the Worst," Michael Leviton (My Favorite Place to Drown)
Life is Good
"Asbury Park," They Might Be Giants (Venue Songs)
"Forever" (Clubcracker remix), Bruderschaft (Forever)
"Over the Hills and Far Away," Nightwish (Over the Hills and Far Away)
"Mandy Goes to Med School," The Dresden Dolls (Yes, Virginia)
Getting Back Together
"Untitled," The Cure, (Disintegration)
"Joy," VNV Nation (Praise the Fallen)
Paying the Dues
"The Man Comes Around," Johnny Cash (America IV)
The Night Before the War
"Airbag," Radiohead (OK Computer)
"Someone to Die For," Belly (Star)
Moment of Triumph
"Fumbling Towards Ecstasy," Sarah McLachlan (Fumbling Towards Ecstasy)
"Someone Must Get Hurt," She Wants Revenge (She Wants Revenge)
"Angry Angel," Imogen Heap (I Megaphone)
"The Rider Song," Nick Cave and Warren Ellis (The Proposition)
Meme the Second: 70 Random Personal Questions
1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be?
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
Somewhere in between. It depends. I do talk an awful lot.
4. Do you take compliments well?
Not to my face. But they read very, very well.
5. Are you an active person?
Not as much as I ought to be. Not really. I'm a frelling writer. My ass, this chair, etc.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
Probably. I used to be very good at that sort of thing.
7. Do you like to ride horses?
I used to quite a lot. It's something I miss.
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
9. What was your favorite game as a kid?
Er...hmmm...Parcheesi. Did I spell that right?
10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you get involved with him/her?
That depends on the odds of getting caught and on whether or not the person pursuing me was worth getting caught over.
11. Are you judgmental?
Oh, yeah. Big time.
12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Probably not. I'm much too big an asshole.
13. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
14. Can you speak another language?
Only bits and pieces really. Well, unless we're talking about extraterrestrial languages...
15. If you had to choose, would you rather be deaf or blind?
16. What's your favorite food?
That's impossible. Uhm...blue cheese.
17. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
18. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
19. How often do you read books?
Whenever I am able.
20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
The past, definitely.
21. What is your favorite children's book?
McElligot's Pool by Dr. Seuss!
22. What color are your eyes?
Well, I usually wear these hazel-green contacts. Otherwise, black.
23. How tall are you?
24. Where is your dream house located?
25. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Either my mother or Bill Schafer from Subterranean Press.
26. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Yep. The last time was sometime early in 1996 in Athens, GA.
27. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
I can admit my atrocities. 1993.
28. What are your keys on your key chain for?
House (front door, back door, basement, Lane cabinet, storage unit in B'ham)
29. What's your favorite color?
30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
The eastern edge of Freedom Park, not too far from here.
31. Where is your current pain at?
What? Is this asking, "Where do I currently feel pain?" If so, my eema.
32. Do you like mustard?
Only good mustard. Not that bright yellow slop.
33. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Eat. I kind of hate sleep.
34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
More like my mother.
35. How long does it take you in the shower?
I don't take showers. I take baths. About half an hour.
36. Can you do splits?
Oh, yeah. You bet your sweet mivonks. In fact, I'm doing the splits even as I type this. Next question.
37. What movie do you want to see right now?
38. Do you put lotion on your dog or cats?
39. What did you do for New Year's?
Got drunk and watched old movies, I think.
40. Do you think The Grudge was scary?
Not really, though I'd hoped it would be.
41. What was the cause of your last accident?
Probaby pills, ultimately.
42. Do you own a camera phone?
No, and I think they are vile evil things. No, really. I can't explain my reaction to camera phones, but they just piss me off.
43. What are you drinking?
Does my own saliva count?
44. Was your mom a cheerleader?
45. What's the last letter of your middle name?
K. Or Y. It could go either way.
46. Who did you vote for on American Idol?
Hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, hah, HAH, HAH, HAH, HAH...gag...cough...cough...uh, I'm okay now, I think.
47. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
5-6, usually. I wish I got 8.
48. Do you like Care Bears?
No, but I did have a Grumpy Bear once.
49. What do you buy at the movies?
A ticket. Two tickets, at the most.
50. Do you know how to play poker?
51. Do you wear your seatbelt?
Yes. Two of them.
52. What do you wear to sleep?
Tank top (or T-shirt), panties, leggings and socks and my stocking cap when it's cold.
53. Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
Charles Barkley. And me.
54. How many meals do you eat a day?
Two, usually. Breakfast and dinner.
55. Is your tongue pierced?
56. Do you always read MySpace bulletins?
Though I have a MySpace account, to mirror the blog, I wouldn't know a MySpace bulletin if it jumped up and bit me on the ass.
57. Do you have pets?
Two. One Siamese/Tonkinese cat and a dwarf winter-white hamster (that Harlan Ellison says I shouldn't talk about in public).
58. Do you like funny or serious people better?
I like seriously funny people, and serious people who are, sometimes, funny. Wait. What kind of "funny" are we talking about?
59. Ever been to LA?
60. Did you eat a cookie today?
No, but I ate a Halloween one yesterday.
61. Do you use cuss words in other languages?
62. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
63. Do you hate chocolate?
I don't hate it. I just don't like it very much.
64. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
65. Is your cell usually on vibrate or ring?
66. Are you a gullible person?
I expect that I am.
67. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
68. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be?
Astronomer/astrophysicist, or vulcanologist, or full-time vertebrate palaeontologist.
69. Are you easy to get along with?
No. No. And no.
70. What is your favorite time of day?
Okay. Jeez, it's after one. Time all nixars go to bed. And all platypuses, too.