1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your LJ along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag five people.
1. Bradbury's A Medicine for Melancholy, 'cause it's right here on my desk, 'cause I'm still fretting over my introduction for The Day It Rained Forever.
3. Page 123, fifth sentence, reads: And he drove away.
4. The next four sentences are to be found on p. 124, and they read: The thought was three days and three nights growning. During the days he carried it like a ripening peach in his head. During the nights he let it take flesh and sustenance, hung out on the silent air, colored by country moon and country stars. He walked around and around the thought in the silence before dawn. On the fourth morning he reached up an invisible hand, picked it, and swallowed it whole.
6. They will likely curse me for this, but okay, I tag mistressmousey, faustfatale, corucia, brokensymmetry, and mevennen. There. I've done the deed. Back to the damn doughnuts.