I believe that I've sworn off Wikipedia . At least for the foreseeable future. But not because of any loss of interest or faith in the project. I'd simply allowed it to become one of those things into which I pour vast amounts of time and energy and thought, when, truthfully, I've hardly a moment of any of those things to spare. Since March, I must have written almost sixty articles, and edited/amended/expanded many times that number. And the amoebic bean counter & book balancer in me finally put her pseudopod down and said no more, dear child. It's not that Wikipedia is not a noble effort, for it surely is, but only that, as the bean counter & book balancer reminds me, I cannot presently afford to write what I'm not being paid to write. And it's a goddamn crying shame, but our lives are filled with shame. Or so I'm told. Anyway, I've been wikifree for at least two weeks now, maybe three...I'm not quite sure when I stopped. I loose track of the ends of my addictions. And I regret to report that I did not manage to finish "The Cryomancer's Daughter" today, though I made a valiant effort and must certainly have come within a thousand words of the end. I'm sleepy and need to be in bed. But first, a reminder that we've begun the third and final round of the summer eBay auctions . Congratulations to the Rev. Margo for sweeping in and scoring the limited edition of Silk , signed by me and Poppy and Clive Barker, only minutes after it was listed. A very good start to this round, indeed. Okay. Now I'm going to have a heart-to-heart with my pillow and maybe something by Robert McCloskey or Dr. Seuss. 'Night.