I haven't done a meme in a bit, and as we're barreling towards Solstice, this one seemed appropriate:
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Had a story selected for The Year's Best Science Fiction.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No and more than likely.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My maternal grandmother died in January.
5. What countries did you visit?
No new ones. *sigh*
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Travel. Peace. A little more money.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 9th, but it's best if I don't explain. It's nothing good.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving another year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
The failure to salvage a sixteen-year-old friendship that unexpectedly went up like a thermonuclear bomb.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah, but again, it's something I'd rather not discuss.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
That's a wonderfully materialistic question. Hmmm. My iPod? I really didn't make a lot of purchases.
14. Where did most of your money go?
That's easy. Rent.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing the Decemberists in May. The publication of To Charles Fort, With Love and Frog Toes and Tentacles. Mine and Spooky's third anniversary. Titan. Wicca. Serenity.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
The Decemberists' "My Mother was a Chinese Acrobat." Also, Frou Frou's "Psychobabble."
Eh...that was a little odd and unremarkable. Maybe I should have looked at the questions before I decided to do this. We need more imaginative memes, people.