So...yeah, I feel asleep about 11:30 p.m., and then I woke at 3:30 a.m. fully awake. I lay in bed until 5 a.m., when I got up. I read an hour, and then I went to work. Oh, the day was mostly sunny and the high was 61˙F. I did 1,610 words on "Crotalus," after proofreading and correcting a section of the story. And then I made it to McWane a little after 10 a.m., and Kathryn and I took about a hundred photos of a Demopolis Chalk mosasaur skull, mostly the basicranium. And then I did something I have not done in well over a year, that I have done only once or twice since COVID-19 began: I went with Kathryn to the market. And it was kinda horrible, but I endured. We got sour cream and salsa verde. Last night, we finally watched David Cronenberg's Crimes of the Future , and because people can be real pussies about this sort of thing, I was expecting - based on word of mouth - a far more intense experience than I got. I also wasn't expecting the humor, though after 2014's Maps to the Stars , I should have expected it. Regardless, it is an excellent film. Also, the parallels with much of my work, especially "A Season of Broken Dolls" (written in 2007), is striking. Now, sure. Harlan might have sued. But the truth is, I've been watching Cronenberg since the 1980s, and much of my work, including "A Season of Broken Dolls," would not have happened without the influence of Cronenberg. Please have a look at the Dreaming Squid Sundries shop. We have three copies of The Dinosaur Tourist / Chartreuse Alphabet combo left. And these sales are really helping right now, as we are very between checks. Thanks. Later Tater Beans, Aunt Beast 11:32 a.m.