Horribly rainy all day. Our high was 61˚F. The whole week is looking that way. Rainy, but at least it's going to be warmer, with highs in the low 70s˚F. I think I am profoundly depressed. Some of it is this paper, that we simply seem unable to finish. I was at McWane about two hours today, and Jun and I have all the figures – I hope that all of them – ready to go. They actually look splendid. This journal has no limit on the number of illustration and they can be in color. Now, I just have to be happy enough with the text to tend the damn thing in, so I can go back to work on what pays the bills. Really, we might be missing a crisis. So, there was that. Not much else. But yeah, profoundly depressed. As I just said on Twitter, The plioplatecarpine paper is "almost" finished. Almost. I think it will be important. I think it will be worth a year of my life. But I have reached a point where I am well and truly sick of those two poor lizards. Really. More than a year of my life. How many short stories and novellas well never be written because of this? I mean, I'm not sure I care, but...it's lost revenue I could not afford to loose. Oh, something I said yesterday on Twitter that was surprisingly popular, especially with university professors: My message to all those undergrad and grad students hoping to be full-time pro paleontologists: Have *good* plan Bs and Plan Cs, because odds are you'll need them. I have spent most of my adult life on my Plan B (fiction), doing paleontology when life allows. Do not fear options. There was a fairly hilarious and unproductive bit today where Jun tried, to no real avail, to teach me track changes in MS Word, which I hate on principle. But yeah, depression. The suicidal ideations. I just didn't need the damn rain. Please, look at the Big Cartel shop . Thank you. And getting started early, here's my Xmas wishlist at Amazon . Later Tater Beans, Aunt Beast 12:10 p.m.