Sunny. The high was 80˚F. This morning, after hardly any sleep, I began a new piece of fiction that I'm kinda keep a secret until I'm relatively sure I can do it. I figure I'll know by Saturday or so. I did 1,122 words today. I also talked with Mike Polcyn, though it was less about MP2 and more about an odd little prognathodontine mosasaur I've turned up from the Demopolis Chalk, and I also briefly talked (via Twitter) with Amanda Zietlow at the AMNH in New York (also about mosasaurs). That was my work day. Beans and rice for dinner. Tonight we watched David Bruckner's remake of Hellraiser on Hulu, which was much better than I'd expected. The Cenobites and the new puzzle box were superb. Yeah, sure, there's the cliché troupe of young people running around so horrible thing can happen to them, and I could have done without that. But the look of the film, a surprising amount of the acting, the makeup, and the soundtrack are superb. It's certainly a smarter film than the original. It's good to be surprised. And all those people out their whining about Bruckner "ruining" the film with woke politics are apparently unaware that Clive Barker's "The Hellbound Heart," upon which the films are based, describes the priest as androgynous with a feminine voice. Read the book, you cretins. If you bugged by the fact the actor is trans, you're just a bigot, so go away. Spooky's added a bunch of my audiobooks to the Big Cartel shop . And, again, reposting this bit: So, 2022 was a lean year. They happen. Kathryn and I are now having to pay taxes (self employment, paid in April and October), and it's going to leave us busted, despite oncoming expenses. So PLEASE have a look at the Big Cartel shop, where you can buy my books or Spooky's tie dye, OR donate directly via the "subscribe" option (default is $5, but you can put in less or more than that; we'll leave that up a week or so, so there's no danger of anyone being charged twice). Good years or bad, taxes or no taxes, there's still rent and food and vet bills and what have you. Frankly, I find the "subscription" thing very confusing, but to simplify things on our end we want to try using it instead of of something like Indiegogo. Be assured: If you give us $25 or $1 or $100 dollars, whatever, you will NOT be charged again in November. We'll take the subscription feature down before the end of the month so that cannot happen. Cross my heart. I fucking hate asking for money. I always hate asking for money. But we can't live much more frugally than we are at the moment. We're reaching Lovecraft levels of frugality. So, if you can help, please do. Oh, you will find the subscribe option way down at the very top and very bottom of our page. A donation option would be far less confusing. Thank you. Later Tater Beans, Aunt Beast 10:54 a.m. (ventral view of Winifred's third cervical vertebra)