66
Another early autumn day. Our high was 80˚F.
I was up at 6:30 a.m., and I wrote another 1,537 words on "Onieronaut Collage." I will easily finish the story tomorrow, and subscribers can expect Sirenia Digest No. 200 on Friday or Saturday. I will have to proofread the story.
I talked with Neil yesterday after I made my journal entry, and that helped to calm me some. A little. I mean, at this point in history, being me, there's only so much calming that is a) possible and b) rational. Still, it helped. I told him about the paleontology of Skye.
Today, Clive Barker turned 70. Happy birthday, Clive, and thank you for helping me get my start what seems like an entire lifetime ago.
For dinner tonight, canned beef stew over rice with shredded cheese.
I did a little work on Winifred today. But the window was open, and the 10 a.m. civil defense siren test caught me entirely off my guard. Yes, partly because of tornadoes, Birmingham continued a once weekly civil defense siren test, cold war or no cold war, and it has often scared the shit out of me.
I'm not even going to tell you how much I love S'mores Pop-Tarts. I'd forgotten how much I love the disgusting things, but I am desperately trying to gain some weight.
I will leave you with the cover image for Bradbury Weather, thanks to Bill. Don't forget, there will still be a cover reveal for Living a Boy's Adventure Tale. Anyway, as I said on Twitter and Facebook: Art courtesy the late, great Richard M. Powers, here's the cover for the forthcoming ENORMOUS collection of most of my science fiction (from Subterranean Press, no release date yet; yes, there will be an ebook).
Oh, and as I said to someone or another: All my career, I have longed for a cover by Richard Powers.
Later Tater Beans,
Aunt Beast

Bradbury Weather, art by Richard M. Powers
I was up at 6:30 a.m., and I wrote another 1,537 words on "Onieronaut Collage." I will easily finish the story tomorrow, and subscribers can expect Sirenia Digest No. 200 on Friday or Saturday. I will have to proofread the story.
I talked with Neil yesterday after I made my journal entry, and that helped to calm me some. A little. I mean, at this point in history, being me, there's only so much calming that is a) possible and b) rational. Still, it helped. I told him about the paleontology of Skye.
Today, Clive Barker turned 70. Happy birthday, Clive, and thank you for helping me get my start what seems like an entire lifetime ago.
For dinner tonight, canned beef stew over rice with shredded cheese.
I did a little work on Winifred today. But the window was open, and the 10 a.m. civil defense siren test caught me entirely off my guard. Yes, partly because of tornadoes, Birmingham continued a once weekly civil defense siren test, cold war or no cold war, and it has often scared the shit out of me.
I'm not even going to tell you how much I love S'mores Pop-Tarts. I'd forgotten how much I love the disgusting things, but I am desperately trying to gain some weight.
I will leave you with the cover image for Bradbury Weather, thanks to Bill. Don't forget, there will still be a cover reveal for Living a Boy's Adventure Tale. Anyway, as I said on Twitter and Facebook: Art courtesy the late, great Richard M. Powers, here's the cover for the forthcoming ENORMOUS collection of most of my science fiction (from Subterranean Press, no release date yet; yes, there will be an ebook).
Oh, and as I said to someone or another: All my career, I have longed for a cover by Richard Powers.
Later Tater Beans,
Aunt Beast

Bradbury Weather, art by Richard M. Powers