Listens: Florence and the Machine, "Girl's Against God"

"I can't lie to you about your chances. But you do have my sympathy."

A hot, sunny morning that turned into a rainy afternoon. Our high had been projected to reach 91˚F, with the heat index at 98˚F. Even with the rain it came out 90˚F/96˚F.

But 108˚F in London? And more than 1,000 dead from heat and wildfires in Portugal and Spain? Is anyone out there with half a brain still denying the reality of climate change?

I came so, so, so close to finishing the description section of MP 1.3 today. I just have a little more to write on the frontal and the parietal, and then I'll be done. My plan to to have both papers submitted, simultaneously, by Friday, July 29th at the latest. There's still the phylogenetics stuff on MP 1.2 to contend with and all the figures for both papers. I have been trying to get one of these two specimens described since 1986 (!).

Some good news. For one, Bill likes the cover art for Living a Boy's Adventure Tale (and I'll let you see it as soon as he talks to the artist and they come to an agreement), so that's, hopefully, out of the way. Also, he's given me permission to serialize the novella in Sirenia Digest prior to its publication by Subterranean Press. I hope people will be glad of this. It means subscribers can read the novella many, many months (maybe most of a year) before the rest of the world. Wanna subscribe....? It will be divided over three issues, Nos. 197 (June), 198 (July), and 199 (August). No. 197 will go out to subscribers tomorrow or Wednesday. No. 198 will go out on Monday. And then I'll probably release 199 on August 1st.

This afternoon's comfort film was Ridley Scott's Alien (1979).

I spent about an hour this afternoon looking at mosasaur paintings on DeviantArt. I saw some truly beautiful stuff.

I think that's all for now. Please have a look at the Big Cartel shop. Thank you.

Later Tater Beans,
Aunt Beast




4:14 p.m.