I woke ill at little before three and did not get back to sleep until after four. Then I woke at six, still not well, but got to work, anyway. It was a sunny morning, but late this afternoon we had a fairly impressive thunderstorm. I love the rhythm of summer in Alabama. Our high was 87˚F, with a heat index of 89˚F, but the storm rapidly dropped the temperature to only, currently, 73˚F. The anger was much improved today. I spent the morning beginning the section of MP1 concerning the quadrates of NEW PLIOPLATECARPINE MOSASAUR #1 (#2 is being described in MP2). Spooky got up at 9 and we got ready to head to McWane. I needed a bunch of measurements on the specimen I'd not yet taken. We made it to MSC by 10:45 this morning, not bad considering how little sleep I'd had, and also considering it was the first time I'd left the property since May 2nd. I got most of what I needed, but not all. I became distracted, first, by some possibly important taxonomic peculiarities to the ventral side of the frontal I'd not previously noted, and then I drafted Kathryn's eyes to help me puzzle out a problem with the quadrates. I have found that sometimes I get vital insights by showing specimens to people whose impressions of what they're looking at are not biased by preconceived notions of what they ought to be seeing, and she might not know much about mosasaur anatomy, but Kathryn is a keen observer. Today, she was a great help. We left about two this afternoon, after I briefly visited with the very first mosasaur I ever found and collected, a pyrite-encrusted specimen of Plioplatecarpus I found preserved in the Demopolis Chalk (upper Campanian) in a weathered railroad cut a few miles south of Demopolis, Alabama in July 1981. I was only seventeen. It was my very first trip to the chalk. Last night, Kathryn and I began watching The Wire (2002-2008) for the third time, after discovering that we'd both been wanting to watch it again for some time. This is one of my favorite TV series ever, and I would definitely place it in my Top Five All-Time Favorites. It's heartening to know that not only has it won a buttload of awards, but that it has left a mark in Academia, as well, including classes on the series at Brown University, Johns Hopkins, and Harvard. Oh, and young Idris Elba. Swoon. Tomorrow, I think I'm gonna set aside the paleo' (mostly) for just a couple of days to try and write a short introduction for Bradbury Weather , as I need to have the ms. to SubPress by the end of the month. I posted to Twitter, just a few minutes before I began this entry, "Tomorrow I begin work on my introduction for Bradbury Weather, the 240+k word SubPress volume collecting *almost* all my SF. I dread writing the intro, as I suspect my ideas about the "purpose" of sci. fiction won't sit well w/the 21st Cen. kids. Hint: I worship Harlan Ellison." I have left in all the awful Twitter formatting. Anyway, I'm prattling. Please have a look at the Big Cartel shop . Thank you. Later Tater Beans, Aunt Beast 12:57 p.m.