Sleep When You're Dead and...so Forth
Yeah, so...weird day yesterday. Weirder day today. Yesterday was devoured by a doctor's appointment. The whole damn day. And them, last night, I slept four hours and woke at 4 a.m., unable to get back to sleep, a long prolegomenon for Sirenia Digest 195 hammering about my skull. At 5 a.m., I gave up, got out of bed, made scrambled eggs and coffee, and got to work.
Sirenia Digest 195 is devoted to the Great Wretched Fucking Bewowulf Novelization Fiasco of 2006-2007, and I do hope there are some of you who will find it interesting. It might be the longest prolegomenon I ever wrote, and all before 7 a.m. Spooky sent the issue out just a little while ago, so subscribers ought to have it by now.
Right now, I'm maybe half awake. Oh, I did go to Publix with Spooky this afternoon. I can count on one hand the number of time I have been in a grocer's since the beginning of the pandemic, and it's still a very weird thing. Overwhelming, so much noise and color and movement.
Mostly sunny today and yesterday. Some clouds. The high yesterday was 82F and today it was 83F.
I also tended to a bunch of email this morning, including a deal with PS Publishing to release trade paperback editions of The Dinosaur Tourist and Vile Affections (with covers by Richard Kirk). You'll recall, PS Publishing's Dimestore Indian imprint has already released tpb editions of A is for Alien, Tales of Pain and Wonder, The Ammonite Violin & Others, and To Charles Fort With Love, and the books seem to be doing well for them. So, two more.
I'm going to try to make it into McWane in the morning. It will be my last chance until May 15th, after Jun done teaching his classes at Dauphin Island. We'll see. There's so much to catch up on here...
It has occurred to me that one reason I find myself frequently unsympathetic with today's "progressives" is that, weird as it sounds, liberalism works a lot better when its adherents are the underdogs, not when they're acting pretty much the same rabid pit bulls to which they're supposed to stand in opposition.
Night before last, we finished Ozark. It was excellent, but left me feeling ill in exactly the way I expected it would. Last night, we finished the Mad About You marathon we began on April 3rd, all 176 episodes, 1992-1999.
Please have a look at the Big Cartel Shop. Thanks. But a thing or two.
Later Tater Beans,
Aunt Beast

4:18 p.m.
Sirenia Digest 195 is devoted to the Great Wretched Fucking Bewowulf Novelization Fiasco of 2006-2007, and I do hope there are some of you who will find it interesting. It might be the longest prolegomenon I ever wrote, and all before 7 a.m. Spooky sent the issue out just a little while ago, so subscribers ought to have it by now.
Right now, I'm maybe half awake. Oh, I did go to Publix with Spooky this afternoon. I can count on one hand the number of time I have been in a grocer's since the beginning of the pandemic, and it's still a very weird thing. Overwhelming, so much noise and color and movement.
Mostly sunny today and yesterday. Some clouds. The high yesterday was 82F and today it was 83F.
I also tended to a bunch of email this morning, including a deal with PS Publishing to release trade paperback editions of The Dinosaur Tourist and Vile Affections (with covers by Richard Kirk). You'll recall, PS Publishing's Dimestore Indian imprint has already released tpb editions of A is for Alien, Tales of Pain and Wonder, The Ammonite Violin & Others, and To Charles Fort With Love, and the books seem to be doing well for them. So, two more.
I'm going to try to make it into McWane in the morning. It will be my last chance until May 15th, after Jun done teaching his classes at Dauphin Island. We'll see. There's so much to catch up on here...
It has occurred to me that one reason I find myself frequently unsympathetic with today's "progressives" is that, weird as it sounds, liberalism works a lot better when its adherents are the underdogs, not when they're acting pretty much the same rabid pit bulls to which they're supposed to stand in opposition.
Night before last, we finished Ozark. It was excellent, but left me feeling ill in exactly the way I expected it would. Last night, we finished the Mad About You marathon we began on April 3rd, all 176 episodes, 1992-1999.
Please have a look at the Big Cartel Shop. Thanks. But a thing or two.
Later Tater Beans,
Aunt Beast

4:18 p.m.