greygirlbeast decent, but underslept Birmingham, Alabama

Listens: Father John Misty, "Gilded Cage"

Itchy Mosasaurs

A sunny day, warmer than yesterday. Our high was 76˚F.

The second night without much sleep. About 5 hours night before last, about 4 last night.

But I did manage about 1,000 words on "Living a Boy's Adventure Tale" this morning. Still, it's a lot easier with sleep.

“I can tell a story and often do, but it has never occurred to me to ‘plot’ one.” – Wright Morris (I adore that quote.)

Also, this morning, I finished Andy Weir's Artemis. It wasn't very good.

The afternoon's comfort film was Tarantino (again), Inglourious Basterds (2009). It might be impossible for me name any Tarantino film as my favorite, or even narrow it down to two or three favorites. But were I to try, Inglourious Basterds is surely high on the list.

This afternoon, as I said on Twitter, I found myself thinking about cetacean parasites (barnacles, whale "lice"), which got me to wondering again about what commensal skin parasites mosasaurs might have had. I know of no fossil evidence of such parasites, but it would be odd if the skin of Mesozoic marine reptiles was parasite free.

Please have a look at the Big Cartel shop. Books (signed and doodled), audiobooks on CD, the first three years of Sirenia Digest. There's gotta be something there you can't live without. Danke schön.

Later Tater Beans,
Aunt Beast




12:48 p.m.