Listens: Arcade Fire, "The Lightning I"

"Fourth-place anthem playing tonight on a broken radio."

I had truly hoped I would wake up pretty much over this fucking crud. I did not. There's a package at McWane from the Yale Peabody Museum that I've been waiting on since November, which finally arrived at the end of last week. I was supposed to open it today. And I get sick for the first time in two fucking years. My next chance will be Wednesday, and I swear, well or not, I will go in.

That said, it was a beautiful day (see photo below). I sat outside for a while, letting the Southern sun burrow into me. It felt very, very good.

Later today, or tomorrow morning, Sirenia Digest 192 will be going out to subscribers. And tomorrow I desperately need to get back to work on "Night Fishing." I would like to have it finished by Thursday, at the latest. There is so much neglected work...

Today's comfort film was Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins (2005).

Tonight, it's back to Seinfeld, now that we're done with that horrid "Anna Delvey" car crash.

Later Tater Beans,
Aunt Beast




12:14 p.m.