Never What I Appear
A sunny day, 80˚F, but a breeze made it seem cooler. Still, my office window has been open since this morning.
I woke at 6:30 a.m. (after falling asleep a little after midnight), somewhat ill – not the contagious variety, one of those conditions I have suffered since I was a child, made worse by my habits, lifestyle, age, whatever – which proceeded to ruin the morning. I will spare you all the details.
I am astounded how people online go on and on in grotesque detail about their infirmities. Is there no privacy remaining?
And speaking of the stupidity of the internet, something I posted on Twitter today: I'm not sure Twitter's populous, left and right, understands that daily or even hourly calls for new boycotts mostly only results in a sort of boycott exhaustion. No, seriously. Right now, I think I'm supposed to be boycotting Coke (which I don't drink, anyway), Pepsi (which I do occasionally drink), and MacDonalds (where I have not eaten since 2005), Disney (?????), Hyundai (I do not own a car), plus Pizza Hut and Dominoes (both which are to pizza what potting soil is to gold, so...I don't eat there). And that's just two days, and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff. All I can say is, whatever, have fun with that.
I tried to work today.
There's this emotional undertow that I'm fighting. It feels like a losing battle. But I did go outside for the fourth day in a row. I have not left the house on four consecutive days since sometime in the summer of 2020. So, there's that. Agoraphobia meets COVID-19...and stuff. But I have to get over it.
Here are our current eBay auctions. Thank you.
Later Tater Beans,
Aunt Beast

4:34 p.m.
I woke at 6:30 a.m. (after falling asleep a little after midnight), somewhat ill – not the contagious variety, one of those conditions I have suffered since I was a child, made worse by my habits, lifestyle, age, whatever – which proceeded to ruin the morning. I will spare you all the details.
I am astounded how people online go on and on in grotesque detail about their infirmities. Is there no privacy remaining?
And speaking of the stupidity of the internet, something I posted on Twitter today: I'm not sure Twitter's populous, left and right, understands that daily or even hourly calls for new boycotts mostly only results in a sort of boycott exhaustion. No, seriously. Right now, I think I'm supposed to be boycotting Coke (which I don't drink, anyway), Pepsi (which I do occasionally drink), and MacDonalds (where I have not eaten since 2005), Disney (?????), Hyundai (I do not own a car), plus Pizza Hut and Dominoes (both which are to pizza what potting soil is to gold, so...I don't eat there). And that's just two days, and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff. All I can say is, whatever, have fun with that.
I tried to work today.
There's this emotional undertow that I'm fighting. It feels like a losing battle. But I did go outside for the fourth day in a row. I have not left the house on four consecutive days since sometime in the summer of 2020. So, there's that. Agoraphobia meets COVID-19...and stuff. But I have to get over it.
Here are our current eBay auctions. Thank you.
Later Tater Beans,
Aunt Beast

4:34 p.m.