Today was sunny, but the high was only 48˚F. It was a productive day. I answered to immense backlog of email, responding to publishers, editors, and paleontologists alike. I worked on one of the mosasaur papers, rewriting the introduction. I may not rewrite when doing fiction, but doing science, I rewrite. A lot. Yesterday, I also made plans for short stories and a novella. And I began cleaning my office/lab, but that's gonna take at least a week, because I've been lazy. These days, every time I close my eyes, I see mosasaur coronoids. I know, right? I'm reading Peter Brannen's The Ends of the World: Volcanic Apocalypses, Lethal Oceans, and Our Quest to Understand Earth's Past Mass Extinctions. "When a geologist calls something boring, reel in horror." ~ Peter Brannen Last night, we caught up on the latest season of Young Sheldon and tonight we're gonna finish Season One of Invasion . Speaking of Sheldon, Spooky got me a pair of thick, warm Dr. Sheldon Cooper socks with nubby little silicone friction pads on the soles (see below). Who would have thought such a things might exist! Oh, actually only one of the socks has Sheldon on it. The other has engineer Howard J. Wolowitz. I never thought I would long for the days when Republicans were Russian hating, Red-scare mongering enemies of the Soviets in particular and communism in general. And yet here we are. In the Upside Down. (Oh, and do not fool yourselves: Putin *is* a Soviet.) Ham sandwiches for dinner. Later Tater Beans, Aunt Beast 8:53 a.m.