So...anyway...cloudy today. Our high was 68˚F, and now it is 67˚F. And at 1 p.m. we got our COVID-19 boosters at a CVS that used to be an Eckerd's long, long ago. There are ghosts everywhere I look. I woke at 5 a.m, again. I was going to get up at 6 and write, as writing before 6 is indecent, but I fell asleep about 6:45 and woke about after 8 a.m. I did a little on one of the Winifred jackets. I thought about The Night Watchers . And then we went to get out shots. So far, I feel fine. And, for some reason, because I am a goddamn idiot, I started talking politics on Twitter, which is possibly the most masochistic thing anyone can ever do to themselves. I said all the wrong things, of course. Oh, but before the political crap started (which I will not repost here), I did say: Leaving the pharamacy, the strangest pang of nostalgia driving past the building at UAB where, in 1985, I had Organic Chem II at 8 a.m., horrid time for one of the few classes I kinda hated. And yet...the sensation was undeniably pleasant. Time, man. Time. That's worth repeating. Looking back, actually, it seemed that for some reason my most math-heavy classes were often at ohmygodearly in the morning. And remember this, cats and kittens: Among the current eBay auctions is a copy of the original 2018 Centipede Press edition of Houses Under the Sea: Mythos Tales (photo below). Yes, this is an expensive book for serious collectors. I only got eleven copies for myself. This will be the first one I have sold. It's pretty much all my Lovecraftian stories, with illustrations by Vince Locke, Richard Kirk, and John Kenn Mortensen, wrap-around cover by Piotr Jabłoński, plus an introduction by S.T. Joshi and an afterword by Michael Cisco. And the book is signed by all involved. This is 552 pages of fiction (well, fiction plus all the rest) bound in the single most beautiful book that has ever borne my name. Full Dutch cloth with two color stamping on spine and blind stamp on the front board. A clothbound slipcase and printed endpapers, with a ribbon marker and head and tail bands. This book, it's a class act. So, please have a look. And there are other booksellers asking much more for it. Now, back to this shitty world, already in progress. OH, and my favorite daily photo in a long, long time. Later Tater Beans, Aunt Beast 1:03 p.m.