Another sunny day. The rain won't be here until tonight, and we have a wind advisory. Our high was 74˚F, and it is currently 71˚F. And I am much, much better. The rash is mostly vanquished. Still not pretty, but most of the swelling, pain, and itching is gone. My last antihistamine dose was late last night, and my brain is mine again. What a horrible, miserable two weeks. I think this may actually, finally push me to finally see an allergist. I spent almost all of the day upright, which was marvelous. I didn't get much done, but I was upright. Mostly I read, including, from a recent JVP , "Osteology and digital reconstruction of the skull of the early tetrapod Whatcheeria deltae ." The afternoon's comfort movie was J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (2009). And the mail brought me contributor's copies of The Best of Dark Terrors (Subterranean Press), which reprints "To This Water (Johnstown, Pennsylvania 1889)". The story did, in fact, first appear in Dark Terrors 2 in 1996, and that was the first time my work appeared in hardback. Twenty-five years ago. A quarter of a goddamn century. And speaking of anniversaries, my thanks to Willow, who has done a delightful series of photographs, herself dressed as Sadie Japser visiting various places from Threshold and Low Red Moon , including Quinlan Castle and the Water Works tunnel on Red Mountain. And Willow also brought to my attention that this October is the 20th anniversary of the events recounted in Low Red Moon , which is set in the autumn of 2001. I had long, long ago forgotten this. The last couple of nights, Kathryn and I have been watching Manhattan , starring Rachel Brosnahan and John Benjamin Hickey (and many others), a series devoted to the Manhattan Project's work at Los Alamos. It is very, very good, and got great deal of love from the critics. But, for whatever reason, it was cancelled after two seasons (2014-2015), a thing that happens for too often to smart TV. For example, The Counterpart , which we watched a couple of weeks back. Please have a look at the current eBay auctions . Thanks. The weird pumpkin photo is Spooky's fault. I just work here. Later Tater Beans, Aunt Beast 12:10 p.m.