Sunny day, but chilly. Thank goodness the sun is warm. Our high was only 67˚F. It's now 66˚F, as the sun begins to set, and our low is supposed to be 45˚F. So, yeah. Hello, Autumn. I got in some good time on the Winifred jacket today. I hope that tomorrow morning I will be going back to work on The Night Watchers , that I will have shaken the last of the black mood and the last of the latest round of self doubt. Last night we finished Season Two of See (AppleTV+), and it really was very good. This show has gone a long way towards redeeming Jason Momoa for the atrocity that was Aquaman . And then we started catching up on Ted Lasso . Today, two older Ken Burns documentaries, both from the nineties, I think, one on the Brooklyn Bridge and one of the Statue of Liberty. And the latter set me to thinking how an awful lot of Americans might actually be unaware that this country has always had very mixed feelings, often flashing to violent hostility, towards immigration. Ask the Irish, the Italians, Jews of all nationalities, the Chinese, the Swedes, and...so on. We're just stuck in one of the worst such periods of hostilities. Last night, Jon Stewart said, “The media does a terrible job at de-escalation and de-escalation is the antidote to all this nonsense.” Which is too fucking true and led me to comment today on Twitter, “And, hontesly, social media is not only an escalation machine, it's an outrage junkie. I have trouble imagining it ever existing in peace.” Please have a look at the current eBay auctions. Thank you. Later Tater Beans, Aunt Beast 4:47 p.m.