"I know the end."
Mostly sunny today. Our high was 85˚F, with a heat index of 87˚F. It is currently 82˚F.
This day was not merely a bad day. Today was ground zero at Hiroshima. And yet, somehow, I still wrote 1,262 words on The Night Watchers this morning, before 9 a.m.
Fuck, I fucking hate mornings.
As I asked on Facebook today, whatever happened to "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me"? We have a society more afraid of words than guns. And clearly it's easier to ban words than guns.
The afternoon's film was Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Have a look at the current eBay auctions. They feature many books filled with words I'm not ever supposed to say. Also, there are the new Monster Doodle Magnets over at Etsy. I'm sure someone will eventually find them offensive. See the photo below for two of the potentially offensive magnets clinging tenaciously to my chalk-dust covered filing cabinet. Oh, and we're talking about doing a Winifred the Tylosaur t-shirt.
Oh, I could say there was good news from Yale today, and also that I talked (by email) with Vanessa Rhue, their vertebrate paleontology collections manager, and with Jun at McWane. But...stacked against the the foulness of this day, there is no genuinely good news.
Later,
Aunt Beast

4:43 p.m.
This day was not merely a bad day. Today was ground zero at Hiroshima. And yet, somehow, I still wrote 1,262 words on The Night Watchers this morning, before 9 a.m.
Fuck, I fucking hate mornings.
As I asked on Facebook today, whatever happened to "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me"? We have a society more afraid of words than guns. And clearly it's easier to ban words than guns.
The afternoon's film was Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Have a look at the current eBay auctions. They feature many books filled with words I'm not ever supposed to say. Also, there are the new Monster Doodle Magnets over at Etsy. I'm sure someone will eventually find them offensive. See the photo below for two of the potentially offensive magnets clinging tenaciously to my chalk-dust covered filing cabinet. Oh, and we're talking about doing a Winifred the Tylosaur t-shirt.
Oh, I could say there was good news from Yale today, and also that I talked (by email) with Vanessa Rhue, their vertebrate paleontology collections manager, and with Jun at McWane. But...stacked against the the foulness of this day, there is no genuinely good news.
Later,
Aunt Beast

4:43 p.m.