Fucking fuck all what fucking dreadful day. Rain all day, the last of our bit of Ida pass overhead. Currently, it's 75˚F. That's our high for the day. Something Chris W. said to me today: "Yeah, I think the idea that we could see the light at the end of the tunnel made it a lot harder to deal with when we realized it was an oncoming train." Which does an eloquent a job as I could ever do of explaining how hope fucked me over. Going into April and May, dutifully getting my vaccinations, looking towards a return to some semblance of normalcy after a year in self isolation, only to have those expectations dashed by anti-vaxers, Republican disinformation campaigns, misinformation spread by foreign hackers, the whole insane anti-mask thing, the science deniers, all of it. That is why, I know, in July my resolve began to fray, and I began to spiral, and now I am in this place of anger and bitterness and fear from which I cannot even imagine actual escape. The light at the end, indeed. But you know, we still need money, so there's the current eBay auctions . Thanks. The afternoon's film was George Miller's Mad Max: Fury Road (2015), which feels ever more relevant. Later, Aunt Beast 11:56 a.m.