The day began sunny and bright, when I got up at 7:30 a.m., and by afternoon it was raining, and now the sun is back. Currently, it is 83˚F, with the heat index at 89˚F. Our high was 91˚F. No real work. I just felt oddly turned about all day, my head straying places I ought not let it go. I listened to more of the audiobook version of The Dinosaur Tourist – "The Cripple and the Starfish," "Fake Plastic Trees," "Whisper Road (Murder Ballad No. 9)," and "Animals Pull the Night Around Their Shoulders." And – there's something very interesting about the recording "Whisper Road (Murder Ballad No. 9)." When I wrote the story in 2016, I wrote the narrator, Chaz, as a woman. But Blackstone used a male reader (I somehow missed correcting them), assuming, I suppose, that Chaz is meant as an abbreviated form of Charles. Also, Chaz has a girlfriend. So...but here's the thing. Though the assumptions are at odds with my intentions, I discovered today that the story works just fine with a male or female narrator/protagonist. At no point does the text explicitly tell you Chaz is a woman. And what at first alarmed me ended up pleasing me. I dusted bookcases. I did more with the Pleistocene cave matrix. I watched a fairly decent documentary on the 1959 Dyatlov Pass incident , An Unknown Compelling Force (2021, Liam Le Guillou dir.). And that was pretty much today. I leave you with a photo of a rainbow Spooky took two days ago from our front window. It's actually a double rainbow, but the upper band is almost impossible to see in this shot. Later, Aunt Beast 5:33 p.m. (day before yesterday)