Currently, it's 59˚F and rainy in Providence, which is pretty much what the coming week looks like for Providence. Except tomorrow going to be even colder. With a projected high of only 53˚F. In June. Yesterday was all email and loose ends and me trying to find a ghost story, because I owe a ghost story to an editor, and it has to be written by July 15th (or not very longer thereafter), and I would prefer to get it done in the next two weeks, before I have to write something for Sirenia Sigest No. 137. But yeah, I haven't written many genuine ghost stories, though I am constantly writing about hauntings of one sort or another. Off the top of my head, the only ghost-type ghost stories I can recall are: ~ "To This Water (Johnstown, Pennsylvania 1889)" ( Dark Terrors 2, ed. Stephen Jones and David Sutton, 1996)" ~ "Angels You Can See Through" ( Tales of Pain and Wonder, 2000) ~ "The Ammonite Violin (Murder Ballad No. 4)" ( Sirenia Digest No. 11, October 2006)" ~ "The Madam of the Narrow Houses" ( Sirenia Digest No. 23, October 2007) ~ "As Red As Red" ( Haunted Legends, ed. Ellen Datlow, 2010). That's something like a paltry 1.9% of my total short story output since 1993. On the other hand, I think of both The Red Tree and The Drowning Girl: A Memoir as stories about hauntings. Last night was an embarrassment of riches, as regards television. I'm going to get spoiled. First there was Twin Peaks , and then there was American Gods (I never though I'd have a crush on a leprechaun), and then we finished up with the last two episodes of The Night Of , which I strongly recommend. TTFN, Aunt Beast 3:12 a.m.