In our neck of Providence, the snow began in earnest late in the afternoon and kept it up well into the evening. We have a few inches. I'm not sure of the official damage done, but after last winter, anything short of two feet looks, to my eyes, like a dusting. The world is white and frozen, silent, still. Indeed, there was a terrible stillness all day yesterday. I couldn't work through it. After all the windy days we've had, I couldn't even concentrate in the midst of that stillness. The storm was a release. This morning, the temperature stands at 24˚F, with a windchill of 6˚F. I haven't yet found the vignette I need for #120. “I write so slowly that I could write in my own blood without hurting myself.” ~ Fran Lebowitz I did, however, stumble across this gem on Twitter. From someone in Russia calling himself "Lgerd," someone reading The Red Tree and posting status updates to GoodReads: "Lgerd is on page 12 of 385 Started. So far it is not annoying despite the female protagonist. — Jan 13, 2016 03:37AM "Lgerd is on page 150 of 385 Plz, less lesbodrama and more horror! — Jan 14, 2016 11:16PM "Lgerd is finished Promises of horror - unfulfilled. — Jan 21, 2016 05:42AM" When someone is so proudly both a misogynist and a homophobe (and actually used "plz"), I take great satisfaction in having disappointed him. I'm a little strung out today. I need a shower. I need sobriety. I need to write. Oh, I have some photos from last night, behind the cut. Photographs Copyright © 2016 by Caitlín R. Kiernan and Kathryn A. Pollnac TTFN, Aunt Beast (Queen of Lesbodrama)