Another dreary day. Currently, it's 58˚F and cloudy. I slept too late again, after not getting to bed until just before 4 a.m., so this needs to be short, here on the day after the day after Christmas. We've begun the last dance for the year, 2015's sorry totentanz. It's been almost a week since I left the house. I've long regarded George Cukor's The Philadelphia Story (1940), as one of the best films of all time, but I had no idea that 1956's High Society was a remake...as a musical. A wretched remake. A wretched musical. I consider myself more cinema literate than most, but somehow this shameful wrinkle in the history of film had escaped my attention, until last night. I could only stand just so much of High Society (music by Cole Porter, a low point in his career) before I mercifully feel asleep. About ten minutes into the whole sad fiaco, I realized that the film I was watching was, indeed, The Philadelphia Story , only in color, with Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly, and Frank Sinatra, instead of Katharine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, and Gary Grant, set in Rhode Island, instead of Connecticut. I checked on Wikipedia, and...sure as shit. Which is what I have for you today. TTFN, Aunt Beast